As your Tripawd recovers from amputation surgery, you’re probably counting down the days until you two can go for walks again. But remember, that while Tripawds can do just about anything they did before, certain allowances will need to be made. So before you head outside, here are a few Tripawd Health Tips to consider:
- A new Tripawd needs many breaks on walks. Outings that once took 15 minutes might now take 30.
- Take shorter walks, more often. Start with just a block or two at first.
- Tripawds tend to hop along at a faster pace than a four legger, so get ready to jog!
- Watch for signs of exertion. Your dog will try to go farther than s/he should, and it’s up to you to make sure they don’t overdo it.
- And lastly, always carry water with you.
Here are three styles of portable pet water bottles we love